VCAT I - Vibration Analysis Accredited Certification
20 February 2018 08:15 - 23 February 2018 16:30
Perth Training Centre - WA
|Prices are AUD|
Vibration analysis enables the early diagnosis of faults in machinery and is a critical activity in predictive maintenance programs.
VCAT I teaches the necessary skills to measure and assess machinery condition.
These skills will enable them to perform single channel measurement and recognise general faults across a broad range of rotating equipment and related structures.
SVT's VCAT I course complies with International Standards ISO 18436-2 and ISO 18436-3 and offers participants optional certification by the British Institute of Non-Destructive Testing (BINDT) or the Australian Institute of Non-Destructive Testing (AINDT).
3 days training plus optional 2 hour certification exam.
- Maintenance strategies
- Introduction to Condition Monitoring
- Vibration fundamentals
- Vibration data collection
- General fault recognition
- Plant and equipment fundamentals
- Acceptance testing
Who Should Attend
- Vibration data collection personnel
- Anyone new to vibration monitoring
- Facility technicians
- Condition monitoring personnel
- Maintenance personnel
- Operators, supervisors, engineers
- Those working towards ISO VCAT II qualification
Participants will learn how to:
- Correctly undertake vibration data collection
- Operate portable instrumentation on pre-assigned routes
- Acquire readings from installed instrumentation
- Conduct vibration testing using pre-defined procedures
- Compare vibration measurements with alert levels
- Correct data collection and control
- Evaluate and report measurement results
- Develop assessment criteria